Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I Broke My Back

I've fallin' and I can get up!!! I decided I'm going to have a Christmas Party and want to decorate the house! Mom said I had to help her clean out the attic first, so we can go through all her Christmas stuff! I decided we should bring it all down then go through it! I didn't realize she had enough stuff to fill the whole upstairs! there were boxes everywhere... needless to say lots of work! But OH NO! I lifted a box the wrong way and when I went to set it down I fell to the floor! My back sent shooting pain down both of my legs and the pain sent me to the floor! I had no clue at the time what was going on! Mom took me to the chiropractor in town and I got the bad news! I slipped a disc in my back and even though it can be treated, I'll have to be careful the rest of my life! "These things come back over the years!" He told me! I am too young to have problems with my back! It hurts so bad... I can't stand or walk too long, nor can I sit too long, ice on, ice off.... no carrying a purse for a while, and definitely no lifting!! :( I feel so useless and Remember... Moms house?! A total mess that I promised I 'd clean before next week!! Luckily I have a wonderful Husband who helps out all that he can... He gets my ice for me, carries my purse and best of all he's helping mom with the house! Thank Heaven for wonderful Men!!

No comments: