Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Pregnantcy update!

I started swelling Thursday last week and it just kept getting worse. I tried staying off my feet throughout the day but still they wouldn't let up! Sunday, everyone tried to get me to stay home from church to stay in bed! I almost did since none of my shoes seem to fit! But I figured I'd be sitting down most the time so what was the harm! During the first hour of Church I got really over heated and had to make a mad dash outside for some cold air and to chug some water! I was affraid if I didn't I would have passed out! It was a little scary! After all this I still just thought no huge deal! I've heard of pregnant people being swollen and people have been warning me about hot flashes the whole time! Sunday night I was up all night with the most unforgiving migraine! No amount of rubbing, pressure on pressure points, Tylenol or even closing my eyes would give any relief! Laying down actually made me feel nauseous! By morning the head ache calmed but never went completely away! I called my Dr., he told me to come in right away! I went in today at 9:15! They took three viles of blood, checked my cervix ( I am almost dilated to a 1), gave me supplies for a 24 hour urine collection, and put me on high risk Bed Rest! But first he sent me down to Triage for a non stress test and a shot of Demerol for my migraine! It was about 11 and I had not eaten since before going to the Dr. I was very nauseous! It took 2 hrs to get the results they wanted from the test and finally gave me the shot and sent me home.... After five mins the effects kicked in and I felt really druged! As I tried to make it out to the car I got really dizzy and threw up in the lobby before I could make it out! Mom took me straight home and I passed out!

To make a long day longer.... When I woke up my headache shortly returned! Mom called the Dr. to inform him about my being sick and to see what I could take for my head... Dr. said "Go straight back to Triage right away!" not what I wanted to hear! We were there from about 4-7!

No comments: